Ikea will reopen 19 stores across England from 2 December – with some even reopening in-store restaurants.
Stores in Scotland and Wales as well as Click & Collect facilities will also remain open.
The Dublin branch, which is currently closed, will re-open on 1 December.
Stores in Tier 2 locations will also see restaurants and the Ikea Bistro re-opening – with safety measures such as two-metre distancing and screens in place, as well as deeper and more frequent cleaning routines.
Restaurants will stay closed for Tier 3 stores, but the Bistro, which operates a contact-free takeaway service, will re-open.
Ikea UK chief executive Peter Jelkeby said: “As we have been throughout lockdown, we remain committed to helping people to live, work and play more comfortably from home.
“We know that for many, Christmas is a special time of year, so we’re excited to re-open our doors and help our customers prepare for their much-needed celebrations.”
Ikea closed its stores in line with the Government lockdown, to ensure customer and staff safety.
When it reopens, measures to keep staff and customers safe while shopping at Ikea include:
- A staggered entry system and limited numbers of customers granted entry in store at any one time
- Customers urged to come prepared with ready-made lists and their own bags, and those wishing purely to return items, are encouraged to do so at a later date
- Customers to visit in groups of 6 or less, with friends or family that they live with or those in a support bubble
- Hand sanitiser facilities and more frequent deep cleaning routines for bags, trolleys, bathrooms, rest areas, equipment and touchscreens
- Screens at key areas such as checkouts, service points and customer returns, to enable social distancing
- In-store planning services to resume with screens and social distancing
- Cashless payments, by card and contactless
- Play areas will remain closed
The 19 Ikea stores reopening
- Birmingham – Tier 3
- Bristol – Tier 3
- Croydon – Tier 2
- Exeter – Tier 2
- Gateshead – Tier 3
- Greenwich – Tier 2
- Lakeside – Tier 2
- Leeds – Tier 3
- Norwich OCP – Tier 2
- Manchester – Tier 3
- Milton Keynes – Tier 2
- Nottingham – Tier 3
- Reading – Tier 2
- Sheffield – Tier 3
- Southampton – Tier 2
- Tottenham – Tier 2
- Tottenham Court Road Planning Studio – Tier 2
- Warrington – Tier 2
- Wembley – Tier 2